JAWS BrailleIn - Objectives
By the end of this workshop you will understand, be able to discuss, and/or perform the following tasks as they relate to JAWS BrailleIn:
- Better understand the advantages of using a braille display with one's pc.
- Understand Braille Flash Messages.
- Know the four braille display modes and how to cycle between them.
- Understand JAWS' BrailleIn feature.
- Know the advantages of using JAWS' BrailleIn
- Know how to enable contracted braille input.
- Understand JAWS Braille Input commands
- Be able to select text within a document using the braille display keys and controls.
- Be able to perform basic editing commands such as Cut, Copy and Paste using only the braille keyboard.
- Be able to invoke the Escape, Alt, Windows, and Aplications key using the braille keys.
- Be able to navigate through a dialog using TAB and SHIFT+TAB from the braille keyboard.
- Know how to switch between the PC and JAWS cursors using the braille keyboard.
- Know how to route the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor.
- Know how to route the PC cursor to the JAWS cursor.
- Know how to invoke the Touch Cursor from the braille keyboard.
Conclusion and Contact Information page